Dog Control in Sandy Beach is enforced under the Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw 04-2019
- Animal Pound Agreement 2020
- Animal Pound Agreement (All Residents)
- Urban Chicken Application
- Dog/Cat Animal License Application
The Bylaw Officer is responsible for bylaw enforcement within the Village - If you have a Dog Bylaw issue please call 780.967.2873 (office) or text 780.718.1894 (cell).
This is a weekday service and all requests must be logged with the Village Office FIRST. Also:
- Stray dogs - impound;
- Barking nuisance - collect a dog barking package (collect barking noise for 5-7 days) and submit;
- Dog bites - report to Alberta Health at the Hospital immediately - it's the law/impound/fine/court;
Specifically regarding Dogs:
Bylaw Enforcement Services works to provide a safe and pleasant community for our residents and their pets. Our department is here to educate our residents and enforce Bylaws regarding animals.
Our Bylaw Officer investigate complaints such as:
- dogs at large
- barking dogs
- dog attacks/bites
- dog licencing
- animal health and wellness
- animal units
Enforcement Services encourages responsible pet ownership. The Responsible Pet Ownership Guide aims to answer any questions or concerns about animal care and control.
Sandy Beach provides a weekday non-emergency, phone service.
- All owners must clean up after their pets and if they fail to do so their stray pets will be reported.
- The Village kindly request PLEASE be a responsible pet owner that has consideration for neighbours and all others that use public and private areas in the Village - scoop, muzzle, quiet hours, 3 dogs - we thank all pet owners for their cooperation.
Rodent or Pest Control
- Half Way Home Rescue (have a trap/neuter/spay/release program). They do have a website:https://halfwayhomerescue.ca/#8d3e886a-c481-447a-bb76-8baa1d93b3f6 If you are interested in following up with this organization, you will need to contact them directly and fill out the online form.