The Bylaw Officer is responsible for bylaw enforcement within the Village - If you have a Bylaw issue please call 780.967.2873 (office) or text 780.718.1894 (cell).
This is a weekday service and all requests must be logged with the Village Office FIRST. Also:
- Stray dogs - will be impounded;
- Barking nuisance - collect a dog file (barking noise for 5-7 days) and submit;
- Parking - warning/ticket/impound;
- Dog bites - report to Alberta Health at the Hospital immediately - it's the law/impound/fine/court;
- Keep your dogs on a leash at all times and scoop the poop!!
- Trespassing/Harassment - RCMP Morinville;
- Respect the SPEED LIMITS!!
Please be mindful and respectful towards your community, Council, Employees, Neighbours and all Visitors as we ALL have a interest in the general social, economic and mental well-being of our community. BE KIND to one another.
Watch out and take care of: Property Taxes, Dogs, Speed Limits, ATV and off-road or trail use, lake and recreational use, Unsightly Yards, Road or access blockage.
We kindly thank you for your support and efforts.
Specifically regarding Dogs:
Enforcement Services works to provide a safe and pleasant community for our residents and their pets. Our department is here to educate our residents and enforce Bylaws regarding animals.
Our Bylaw Officer investigate complaints such as:
- dogs at large
- barking dogs
- dog attacks/bites
- dog licencing
- animal health and wellness
- animal units
Enforcement Services encourages Responsible Pet Ownership. The Responsible Pet Ownership Guide aims to answer any questions or concerns about animal care and control.
Sandy Beach provides a weekday non-emergency, phone service.
- Animal Pound Agreement 2020
- Animal Pound Agreement (All Residents)
- Urban Chicken Application
- Dog/Cat Animal License Application
- Dog barking file package
If you have an emergency (RCMP, FIRE, AMBULANCE ) please phone 911.
Please remember that all emergency responses from Sturgeon County will have a public service charge to the property once there was a emergency response to a property. Previous charges ranged between $1000 and $3000 to a property. Once the Village receives the invoice we will pay it and then request payment from the property owner in return. Be aware that late property tax payments will have this charge added as well as any late penalty charges. Please inform us of any address changes in correspondence or where your snowbird mailing address is if you intend on renting or decamping. Advising your tenants is your responsibility.